Sunday, December 14, 2008

Interview with Alamiga Anatine

Vulpine Eldrich: I'm here tonight with Queen Alamiga Anatine of Angels of the Empire. Thanks so much for making time for me, Alamiga :)

Alamiga Anatine: My Pleasure!

Vulpine Eldrich: So, tell me, what particular quality or affinity made you decide your kingdom was "Angels of the Empire"?

Alamiga Anatine: It's from the name of my dance troupe, Angels of Dance. The bulk of the Kingdom was made up of them. The Angels of Dance term came from a deceased friend. I had asked her what I should call my group. She said I was an Angel, and should call it likewise.

Vulpine Eldrich: So you perform dance here in Second Life?

Alamiga Anatine: Yes we go to various venues and dances. It’s donation based, more fun for members to gather, dance, and chat.

Vulpine Eldrich: And play TE while they dance, I take it :)

Alamiga Anatine: Well originally, no. But now many do, though it’s not a requirement to play TE.

Vulpine Eldrich: So what else do the members of the TE Angels kingdom do?

Alamiga Anatine: Many have clubs and their own businesses. I allow them to mention them in group chat, so we can see what others do. Or they can come to Jazz—I have the ballroom, TUX! and the Angel Clubhouse, which is rocking blues. Oh, and 7Seas fishing at the TE Common. (TE Common used to be called Sanctuary Gardens, but a new Kingdom sort of made that confusing.)

Vulpine Eldrich: So Jazz functions as a central meeting place for the Kingdom?

Alamiga Anatine: No, the Angel Clubhouse is for that.

Vulpine Eldrich: I see. And where did it all start in Tiny Empires... I assume you had the Dance group first, then one day- something- got you into Tiny Empires.

Alamiga Anatine: Members of the dance troupe kept bugging me to join. I was resistant to it for the longest time.

Vulpine Eldrich: So when you finally did join, you were a peasant amid friends who were already TE nobility?

Alamiga Anatine: I looked at what the game was about and decided that Queen was my goal, though most of us were low ranks at the time...

Vulpine Eldrich: So the kingdom was formed, in theory, from the moment you first stepped into it. How long did it take from that first step to actual ascension?

Alamiga Anatine: let see... Started trial 2008/02/27, ascended 138 days ago...

Vulpine Eldrich: So, roughly six months.

Alamiga Anatine: Yes, my path to royalty was delayed mid way by Ultra. I had about 490 acres when he changed the requirement from 500 personal to 1000.

Vulpine Eldrich: So you had to stop and get more personal land before continuing. That must have been a bitter moment.

Alamiga Anatine: Yes, it was frustrating.

Vulpine Eldrich: But you finally made it. And now that you're a Queen, what goals do you have?

Alamiga Anatine: To title everyone is one, and to keep Angels happy and drama free

Vulpine Eldrich: Have you ever had to seriously use any of the "punish" options in pursuit of that goal?

Alamiga Anatine: no

Vulpine Eldrich: Has there ever been anyone or anything that made you regret becoming a Queen?

Alamiga Anatine: Not really. There were those dramatic occasions... but they are all history.

Vulpine Eldrich: What advice, encouragement, or warnings would you give to someone wanting to become a Monarch?

Alamiga Anatine: Make sure you have a solid 20k acre foundation, never depend on promises. Starting in the minor Kingdoms is a little daunting

Vulpine Eldrich: Is that what you did?

Alamiga Anatine: I was at about 12k after ascension.

Vulpine Eldrich: And how did you get from there to number 26 in the Empire?

Alamiga Anatine: Well in the minor kingdoms, you have no title powers until 20k, so I used the website as a way to title people and recognize them. It’s something I still do.

Vulpine Eldrich: Very good! So others joined you, and now you have a good-sized kingdom. What's been the best part about the whole thing?

Alamiga Anatine: I get to give back to those who help me

Vulpine Eldrich: And how many people in the kingdom are there to give back to?

Alamiga Anatine: Oh, I really dont have a count! All of them!

Vulpine Eldrich: lol! Have you ever found yourself wishing for any other ways within the rules or features of the game to reward your subjects? Any concrete ideas as to how you'd like to be able to?

Alamiga Anatine: I think things like tracts of land should be more frequent. Abbots who do more than my directs would be great. And a constructive way to give gold would be nice.

Vulpine Eldrich: What about in general- any new features or ideas to add to the game lurking on your Christmas wish list?

Alamiga Anatine: Well Ultra has the Gold Bar thing he’s working on, hopefully that will be a tool of reward.

Vulpine Eldrich: What about the new viceroyalty feature? Have you used it, or plan to?

Alamiga Anatine: I will when I can, but presently I don’t have anyone in position to do so.

Vulpine Eldrich: Do you have any particular person or people in mind for the position?

Alamiga Anatine: Well the one closest to it, but she’s been away, so I haven’t had the chance to talk to her about it.

Vulpine Eldrich: Do you think it will slow the rate of ascensions any?

Alamiga Anatine: Well the position may slow it, but really it’s more of a helper role, their powers only come to life when I’m not online.

Vulpine Eldrich: At present, according to your website, we have 122 kingdoms in the Empire. Have you, or other monarchs, ever wondered if that's a few too many?

Alamiga Anatine: Oh yes, I've heard that complaint from my first day :) I don’t see it as an issue.

Vulpine Eldrich: lol and you were kingdom number what?

Alamiga Anatine: I think I was 70 something. Maybe 80's. I really didn’t pay attention to that when I got there..

Vulpine Eldrich: So, roughly 40 kingdoms created in 138 days

Alamiga Anatine: I’m not sure, Ultra would have the exact numbers. But yes, others and myself ascended en masse after the 1000 acre delay.

Vulpine Eldrich: So amid all of those dozens of kingdoms, how do you make Angels of the Empire unique?

Alamiga Anatine: Well, I run it openly, don’t hide secrets, the kingdom group is open invite, not a secret society like many kingdoms. I try to treat everyone the same, no matter their rank. That’s why I title everyone, as an example.

Vulpine Eldrich: At least on the website, and follow up in the actual kingdom as you can, I assume. What's the greatest number of times that you've given any one person a title?

Alamiga Anatine: Twice, but only because no one else was available. It’s better to title and give the 5 acres than not at all—it’s a cheap 5 acres for the Kingdom. 30M for a title, acres are 12M each for me.

Vulpine Eldrich: cheap at the price! So did you give them the same title over again?

Alamiga Anatine: Yes, you can give the same title, or change it if they wish. I let people pick their own. I think most Kingdoms do that, but many limit titles to higher ranks.

Vulpine Eldrich: In one form or the other, I'm sure they do. So, is there anything else interesting about your kingdom that I've missed?

Alamiga Anatine: Well, I hope people here find everyone helpful. My door is open for all. We don’t sabotage or retaliate, and try to avoid issues with other kingdoms.

Vulpine Eldrich: Well, your door was certainly open for me this evening. Thank you for the time and chat. May you have the best of success in your future endeavors!

Alamiga Anatine: Thank you Vulpine!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Well I am sure Alamiga is a great Queen and a sweet friend too! We are happy to have her near us and her support is fundamental to keep us moving higher and higher!
Congrats SIS! I loved reading that!

Unknown said...

Our Queen has at every opportunity encouraged us to be like a happy family -- it makes playing Tiny Empires a joy. And her dance hall, Tux! is a magical place. When she first ascended, I had no idea that she'd shepherd us to our current size. But now that I've seen her leadership for a few RL months, I'm betting that we're in the top 10 before Summer Solstice.

Anonymous said...

awesome blog, do you have twitter or facebook? i will bookmark this page thanks. lina holzbauer

Blogger said...

Silver Gold Bull is the most trusted precious metals dealer. You will be provided with bargain, up-to-minute pricing and ensure that your gold & silver arrives to your door discreetly and fully insured.