Now it's time to record what life is like for us, the Tiny Empires addicts... and what it's like dealing with a world that hasn't heard or doesn't care about the game which is absorbing so much of our attentions!
I plan to update this list as I think of more and as new suggestions come in, so feel free to add them in the comments below!
Now, without further ado...
You might be a TE Addict if...
- The tall, dark handsome man of your dreams is known only as 'The Trader'.
- You receive phone calls at two a.m., telling you you need to get online to catch the Trader... and you do it!
- You have enough mean, biting ants to make a queen fire ant jealous.
- You find yourself inspecting the soup at the restaurant for anything resembling a rat tail.
- You walk past a playground and find yourself wondering which one is the brat that keeps throwing pebbles at you.
- You look at your car's odometer and you realize that you just drove past your TE gold balance.
- You tell someone something happens once a year, and are surprised when they don't understand you mean once every half hour.
- You find yourself tripping over the phrase 'Tiny Empires' because you always just say TE.
- You see a small girl wandering by herself in a supermarket and you wonder where is the cute, fluffy chicken?
- You walk by a church as its clock strikes the hour and find yourself reaching to open your HUD.
- You ask what month it is and are surprised when they don't specify a year before 1300.
- You never get a chore done without interruption if it takes longer than three minutes.
- You can tell from the other side of the room that one blurry green line means don't worry.
- You don't know how someone can get amnesty when they don't even have a King or Queen.
- You don't think in terms of square acres, but acres squared.
- You try to comfort a friend who is down by giving them an acre.
- You don't understand why the previous line might sound odd.
- Someone from the IRS calls you and you ask them if they're from the Emperor.
- You know exactly what is happening when someone yells the one word, "TRADER!"
- You're introduced to someone and your first question is, "what Kingdom are you in?"
- You understand the real reason why God made snakes with heads but no legs or wings.
- You spend more time looking at your TE standings page than your friends list.
- You spend half the evening debating about why a helmet is worth only five gold and a spear worth thousands.
- Your ninth and newest alt just made Count.
- When someone offers you a teleport to a new place, your first question is "are scripts on there?"
- You picket the Tiny Empires upgrade station when too many days go by without the Trader.
- You find yourself searching your recipe book for your famous blood pie.
- You swear off eating eggs after your last tavern mess.
Added on July 30th, 2008:
- At work you refer to people under you as subjects. --Francesca Alva
- You'd be a lot happier about your female animals giving birth if it didn't mean doing algebra.
- You tell your retirement advisor that you have assets of forty million gold (...and 346 fluffy chickens --Denise Tir)
- You've learned how to take naps lasting 2 minutes and 59 seconds. --Tashi Jewell
- When you hear bad news, it's always a pity beyond all telling.
- You find that no script areas are so hazardous that you have to give up shopping. --Cordova Decosta
- Your groups list reads like a who's who of TE Kingdoms
- You can't go to bed until after the Census
- Your TE HUD resides in your "Always Wear" inventory folder --BackHome Soon
- Your gestures are all saying Tiny Empire related urls
- the cornbread muffins for supper will be ready in 20 minutes, or May 1173